The Benefits Group, LLC like most successful investment advisory firms, follows a core investment philosophy. Theses fundamental principles guide the investment decisions we help our clients make.
- Investments are used to achieve long-term goals, while savings are used for short-term goals.
- Asset allocation, with a diversification among stock, bond and other markets, can reduce risk.
- Investors should know how their investments fit into their portfolios and why they own particular assets.
- Minimizing investment cost is crucial for long-term success.
- An investor's primary decisions involve choosing a mix of assets to be held in a portfolio, not the selection of individual investments.
- Risk is multi-dimensional. Investors should weigh "shortfall risk" - the possibility that a portfolio may not meet long-term financial goals - against "market risk," - the reality that returns may fluctuate.
- Market-timing and performance-chasing are not part of a winning strategy.
- Although past performance is not indicative of future success, long-term returns may be similar to historical returns for various asset classes and subclasses.